Curator: João Ezequiel
Phone: 234 920 130
Address: RAIZ - Instituto de Investigação da Floresta e Papel, Quinta de S. Francisco, Rua José Estevão (EN 230-1), 3800-783 Eixo, Aveiro, Portugal
These are some of the questions that we will answer in the various botanical trails of Quinta de S. Francisco. Currently, Quinta de S. Francisco has five botanical trails defined by different degrees of difficulty, as well as a set of support structures (walkways, directional, identification and interpretative signage) that help visitors. It also has a leisure area with tables where you can have a picnic.
Along the different trails, the visitor will be transported to the flora of different parts of the world, with special emphasis on the Australian flora.
1 - RAIZ - Forest and paper Research Institute
2 - Metrosideros excelsa
3 - Former house of Jaime de Magalhães Lima
4 - Staircase among centennial specimens of E. smithii
5 - Eucalyptus globulus
6 - Cupressus lusitanica
7 - 1984 Arboretum
8 - Bamboo (Phyllostachys viridiglaucescens)
9 - Eucalyputs Obliqua
10 - Technological showcase of Eucalyptus globulus
11 - 1984 Arboretum
12 - Wooden walkway near the ditch
13 - Fountain and lake
14 - Picnic area
15 - Sequoia sempervirens
Quinta de S. Francisco is not open from Monday to Friday (excluding public holidays): 9h00 - 18h00
9h00 - 12h30 and 14h00 - 18h00
These regulations help us protect Quinta de S. Francisco resources while also providing you a safe and enjoyable experience.
1. All visitors must register at the Quinta de S. Francisco reception or online, on the RAIZ webpage.
2. Driving vehicles or bringing pets is not allowed inside Quinta de S. Francisco.
3. In order to have guided tours, group visits must always be scheduled in advance.
4. Taking photographs or shooting films for commercial purposes is strictly forbidden. Also, it is not allowed holding meetings or having picnics inside Quinta de S. Francisco.
5. Visits should be made with the least possible noise in order to minimize disturbance to the existing fauna.
6. For safety reasons and to protect the existing natural heritage, visitors are not allowed to leave the existing trails, climb trees, enter lakes, ditches or tanks, step on the plants, make inscriptions on trees or collect samples of any type (branches, flowers, leaves and fruits).
7. It is forbidden to damage built structures or existing signs.
8. It is forbidden smoking or making a fire in Quinta de S. Francisco.
9. Littering is not allowed. Use trash bins.
10. All visits to Quinta de S. Francisco will be suspended during maintenance operations.
11. All visits to Quinta de S. Francisco will be suspended whenever the weather conditions (rain and/or winds ≥30 Km/h) do not allow their safety.